Re: Amigas with both Zorro-II and Zorro-III RAM?

Am 05.12.2018 um 10:16 schrieb Geert Uytterhoeven <geert@linux-m68k.org>:

>> About disk: there is the Budda IDE card for quite a few bugs: https://icomp.de/shop-icomp/en/shop/product/buddha-ide.html :
>>> The Linux- and NetBSD drivers for older versions of the Buddha controller can be used on this new version without change.
> None of the above should be needed to test this. A plain A3000/030 with
> Zorro II expansion card with Zorro II memory should suffice.

Of course… but I assumed that Christian obtained that A3000 for a purpose other than having a nice looking brick on his table… ;)

>> About ZII memory… I still might have a ZII card with some memory on it, but memory with <5 MB/s bandwidth? Come on...!! ;)
> The point is that the kernel (probably) crashes if there is Zorro II
> memory present.
> There is no plan to make everything run from that slow memory ;-)
> Hmm, perhaps I can just fake Zorro II memory in a memfile, and test it on my
> A4000?

Or maybe use the memory of a graphic card like a PicassoII or so (if available)?

--
Ciao...          //        http://blog.windfluechter.net
      Ingo     \X/     XMPP: ij@jabber.windfluechter.net

gpg pubkey:  http://www.juergensmann.de/ij_public_key.asc