Re: Amigas with both Zorro-II and Zorro-III RAM?

On Wed, Dec 05, 2018 at 08:47:24AM +0100, Geert Uytterhoeven wrote:
> Hi Ingo,
>
> On Wed, Dec 5, 2018 at 12:34 AM Ingo Jürgensmann <ij@2018.bluespice.org> wrote:
> > Am 04.12.2018 um 23:32 schrieb Johny Five <koxman@gmail.com>:
> > > You mean A3000 or A4000 with some onboard/cpu accelerator FastRam + ZorroRAM/BigRAM in Zorro3 slot?
> > > On Tue, Dec 4, 2018 at 11:23 PM Michael Schmitz <schmitzmic@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > anyone on this list with an Amiga running Linux that has both Zorro-II
> > > and Zorro-III RAM installed, so would trigger the warning message:
> > >
> > > "%dK of Zorro II memory will not be used as system memory\n"
> > >
> > > early during booting the kernel?
> > >
> > > Would be nice to get Geert's patch (see
> > > <20181204195014.21461-1-geert@linux-m68k.org>) tested on such a system.
> >
> > Yes, this should be the same with the BigRamPlus extension, except that on Amigas the address scheme is of course different and Amigas will use memory priorities (the faster the memory is, the higher the priority is).
> > ChipRam should be priority 0, normal (fake) FastRam is about priority 20 or so while real FastRam on an accel board like Cyberstorm MK2 is about priority 40 or so.
>
> These priorities are purely a matter for AmigaOS, and do not apply to Linux.
>
> A proper test machine would be an A3000 or A4000 (or T variant),
> equipped with a Zorro II expansion card that contains Zorro II RAM
> (e.g. a combined SCSI/memory expansion card).

I should still have a GVP Series-II SCSI controller with 8M RAM (my first
expansion card, perhaps I can still find the huge 100MB disk I bought with
it).  I do also have an A3000, but this machine has no expansion card, ie
only the built 030 CPU, 1(?)MB RAM, no harddisk, no NIC, ... so no Z-II RAM?
But if we would place this card in crest or kullervo, we'd have a suitable
test machine?

Christian