Re: moving affs + RDB partition support to staging?

Hi,

On Mon, May 7, 2018 at 2:27 AM, Eero Tamminen <oak@helsinkinet.fi> wrote:
>>> So, it should be made read-only FS, until the problems are
>>> fixed (and there's linux-native FS consistency checker)?
>>

>> No, it shouldn’t.
>>
>>> Read-only mode should be enough for the data rescue purposes
>>> mentioned in the list.
>

> I meant read-only by default...

Could be done, yes. (While fixing the races Al reported..)

>> Again, it works fine for our usecases in Debian m68k,
>> so please don’t mutilate its functionality.
>

> Based on above comments, that's only by luck.  I'd assume
> disks still having AFFS on them to be fairly old and therefore
> rather likely to get IO errors.  Moving new files on the disk
> is likely to involve file renames for the old ones.

Not sure about the age of the disks - where the Linux fs is on the
same disk as the affs one, I would expect IO errors to show there
first and resulting in disk replacement.

The typical use case Adrian mentioned (shifting kernel image and
ramdisk to affs) involves no rename.

Cheers,

  Michael