Usage of real m68k hardware

Hi,

recently some R packages received bugs that seem to stem from a problem
with the build setup (specifically, a qemu bug).  When I asked back in
one of the bugs[1] whether there are real m68k users I've got the answer

  ... there are still some users with actual hardware, but the
  autobuilders use qemu for better performance and/or reliability

I conclude that the Debian project is running no real m68k hardware any
more (please correct me if I'm wrong) and we are possibly doing a
service for some users who potentially also run qemu (wild guess of
mine).  I'm wondering when it might be time to fully drop a hardware
port instead of draining developer time for ethernity.

I'm personally drawng the decision that I will tag any bug that concerns
scientific software (which is my main focus) and that bug is on m68k
only as wontfix and will set severity to minor.  I'm sorry but my focus
is on real use cases and stumbling upon bugs in BTS which are not
helping any real user is just draining time.

Kind regards

      Andreas.

[1] https://bugs.debian.org/887682

--