Re: Trying the netinstall again on Atari Falcon

Hello Adrian,

>> While looking at the kernel output at boot i saw that my Network card
>> is indeed supported (i thought it wasn't until 2 days ago!). It only
>> needed the MAC address to be set manually, then the eth0 came up.
>> This is more a firmwar bug of the "EtherNAT" network card that has no
>> MAC adress default.
>
> Yes, MAC addresses are normally set in the firmware. You might be able
> to reprogram your network card's firmware chip to fix the issue.

The EtherNAT doesn't have a MAC address PROM, or any other way to store
the MAC address in the firmware. The guys designing the card never
bothered to get a MAC range assigned for their hardware. You're suppose
to hijack the address of some dead network card you happen to have
around, and set it each time the card is powered up.

Cheers,