Re: Trying the netinstall again on Atari Falcon

On 02/11/2018 12:15 AM, Stefan Niestegge wrote:
> Yes, we had it running. But we used fvwm. This time, when the installer
> asked me, i choosed LXDE. Probably this does not support 8-bit colors?

I don't think the choice of window manager should make any difference
here. We actually saw a crash as is evident from the backtrace in
the Xorg.0.log file.

> But then, Falcon supports 16 Bit (65k colors) in 320x240 and 320x480.
> I can boot clean, change to one of these modes, and then bootstrap
> Debian with the "video=atafb:keep" option.
> After booting and login, i can "startx" to a desktop.

I'm quite confident that LXDE should also work with 256 colors.

> I added "atarimouse" to /etc/modules, and have a small but working
> LXDE Gui.  \o/ party :)

Nice.

> My GFX card (i had the same in 2015) supports much better modes.
> But i can't set those without starting a programm before bootstra.tos,
> and then Debian won't boot.

Well, someone needs to write a driver for it.

Adrian

--
 .''`.  John Paul Adrian Glaubitz