Re: BTS usertags: user debian-68k@l.d.o or debian-m68k@l.d.o for m68k?

Am 20.12.2017 um 00:40 schrieb Christian T. Steigies:
> On Tue, Dec 19, 2017 at 11:57:16AM +0100, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz wrote:
>>
>> Yes, please. I assume that m68k-build@nocrew.org is the historic
>> mailing list for Debian's m68k porters. Christian will most
>> likely know this.
>
> IIRC, mailing lists where not even invented when I joined m68k...

Mailing lists predate m68k by a few decades, I'm sure. Anyway, we did
not use the Debian lists infrastructure in the beginning.

> We coordinated by picking from a list of needs-build packages prepared by
> James every day. nocrew definetely sounds like an address that James used in
> those days, nearly 20 years ago?

Yes, that was the list coordinating the autobuilders - James ran that
one (and AFAIR he wrote a great deal of buildd and wanna-build and the
infrastructure feeding into the build database). Haven't heard from
James in a long time though.

Having access to the m68k-build archive would be nice but that's
probably long lost.

> IMHO, we should have used debian-m68k from the beginning, but it is too late
> to switch.

I remember there were some heated discussions about the list name, and
it was decided to stick with debian-68k. We had too much time on our
hands back then, clearly. Happy days...

I don't see why a list alias can't be used to collect mail coming in on
the old list name (or the new, more logical one if that's easier on the
sites archiving the list).

Cheers,

	Michael