Re: Debian 68k meeting in 2018

On 11/08/2017 01:08 PM, Christian T. Steigies wrote:
2015 was a good year for meetings, Debconf was in Heidelberg and I proposed
a debian-science sprint there for the following year. On the weekends and
during the semester break, it should be easy to book a room for us. We have
eduroam and with a little bit of work we can probably use wired network as
well. Some (outdated) info on the venue is here:
http://www.ieap.uni-kiel.de/et/people/steigies/summerschool/localinfo.html

We did already have a m68k meeting in Kiel, not so long(?) ago:
https://lwn.net/Articles/297777/

For very large definitions of "long" :D.

However, the sleeping arrangements from those days are not possible anymore.
I have a bit more space than those days (nobody has to sleep in the bathtub
anymore), but we have lots of hostels/hotels in town as well.  And as long
as you don't want to visit during Kieler Woche (you should!), rooms should
be available.

Sounds good to me.

But with the overwhelming response to Adrians request, I am not sure if
the rooms at the institute are large enough for all the participants...

Well, I haven't asked on a1k.org yet :). I think I should do that.

Can you suggest some dates? I assume, we do it on a weekend again.

Adrian

--
 .''`.  John Paul Adrian Glaubitz