Re: Debian 68k meeting in 2018

Moin,
On Sat, Nov 04, 2017 at 12:51:53PM +0100, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz wrote:
> Hi list!
>
> I was wondering whether anyone would be interested in having another
> Debian/m68k meeting in 2018 after the last one in 2015 was quite a
> success :).
>
> We could work on resurrecting various kernel drivers for Amiga hardware
> as I have now enough hardware available for testing which I could bring.
>
> Another area to work on would be the debian-installer which has made
> some process in the past months but there are certainly still some
> things that can be improved.
>
> Maybe we can gather more people this time since the overall visibility
> of Debian/m68k seems to have increased.
>
> Any suggestions for a venue?

2015 was a good year for meetings, Debconf was in Heidelberg and I proposed
a debian-science sprint there for the following year. On the weekends and
during the semester break, it should be easy to book a room for us. We have
eduroam and with a little bit of work we can probably use wired network as
well. Some (outdated) info on the venue is here:
http://www.ieap.uni-kiel.de/et/people/steigies/summerschool/localinfo.html

We did already have a m68k meeting in Kiel, not so long(?) ago:
https://lwn.net/Articles/297777/

However, the sleeping arrangements from those days are not possible anymore.
I have a bit more space than those days (nobody has to sleep in the bathtub
anymore), but we have lots of hostels/hotels in town as well.  And as long
as you don't want to visit during Kieler Woche (you should!), rooms should
be available.

But with the overwhelming response to Adrians request, I am not sure if
the rooms at the institute are large enough for all the participants...

Christian