Re: Installing with new Installer-Image

Am 06.09.2017 um 23:32 schrieb John Paul Adrian Glaubitz:

As i read on other thread, D-I fails to detect my IDE-connected DVD ROM
drive due to missing PATA module.

I will work on this issue the next days and try to figure what we're missing.

I will let you know once I have an updated image which should fix the problem.

I played with the existing image once more, after i connected a ZIP100 drive to my Falcons SCSI port.

- Kernel detects the drive (sda, AHDI partition table) and even its existing partitions (sda1 and sda2)

My ZIP disc was partitioned with HDDriver
BGM (TOS compatible) and LNX (formated with ext2 from FreeMiNT)

not able to mount those partitions:

i get "no such file or directory" or "no such device" error messages on mount command. Internet search found that most probably the target filesystem isn't supported. Therefore i'm still unable to provide a syslog or similar, no idea how to save it somewhere.

- its possible to "modprobe falconide" as well as cdrom, isofs modules
- dmesg then shows that my Harddrive and my DVD Burner were found as hda, hdb
- but no device nodes are created for hda, hdb

i created one for cdrom manually according to linux wiki [1] with
mknod -m 660 hdb b 3 64

and tried to
mount (-t isofs, as a second try) /dev/hdb /cdrom
which both fails with same message as hda1 and hda2

exiting the terminal, the D-I does not find the CD-ROM either.

I'm in for any hints :-)

[1] http://linuxwiki.de/mknod