Re: Installing with new Installer-Image

Hi Stefan!

On 09/06/2017 08:21 PM, Stefan Niestegge wrote:
> i want to try helping improve the new Debian/m68k netinstall that
> John Paul Adrian Glaubitz just released.

You can just say Adrian, that saves typing ;).

> (...)
> Now i can successfully use bootstra.tos to unpack and boot the kernel:
> Linux kernel starts up, and after a while, the Debian-installer starts.

Very good. That's already a huge step forward. Glad to see the installer
working on actual hardware :).

> - ataboot.prg will complain about out of mem and not boot linux, anyway.
> - holding CTRL at boot still is mandatory, too
> - using compressed or uncompressed kernel image makes no difference

I think it would be a good idea to document your findings in the Debian Wiki.

Thanks for the thorough testing and documentation.

> As i read on other thread, D-I fails to detect my IDE-connected DVD ROM
> drive due to missing PATA module.

I will work on this issue the next days and try to figure what we're missing.

I will let you know once I have an updated image which should fix the problem.

> See my video: https://youtu.be/BAXbQpGCuDY

Great video. Thanks a lot for sharing it. Really cool!

On a sidenote: I think we should have another Debian/m68k meeting at some point!

Adrian

--
 .''`.  John Paul Adrian Glaubitz