Re: gcc-4.6.3, was Re: Debian on mac68k

Hi Finn,

>> so I think there is little incentive to use these old compilers.
>
> It is useful for upstream developers to have distro-neutral tools.
> Ideally, we could use the kernel.org compiler as a "reference compiler".
> For automated builds, it seems to be that already. But no-one boots those
> binaries AFAIK.

Not for Mac, but Geert usually boots kernels using ARAnyM. Pretty basic,
for sure, but it's been good enough so have something to work from.

Having something like ARAnyM for Mac or Amiga would increase coverage,
but the varied and quirky Mac hardware out there makes that almost
pointless again.

Cheers,