Re: gcc-4.6.3, was Re: Debian on mac68k

On Wed, 9 Nov 2016, Michael Schmitz wrote:

> Not for Mac, but Geert usually boots kernels using ARAnyM. Pretty basic,
> for sure, but it's been good enough so have something to work from.

I thought Geert still used gcc-4.1 (?)

> Having something like ARAnyM for Mac or Amiga would increase coverage,
> but the varied and quirky Mac hardware out there makes that almost
> pointless again.

AFAIK, MAME/MESS is the only thing that would be accurate enough.

For the Mac models that I was interested in (LC III for Egret and LC 520
for Cuda), I was able to patch some of the known bugs in MAME/MESS to get
the ROM to boot to a flashing question mark, but I didn't try to boot any
further. I will try loading EMILE.