Re: Debian on mac68k

On 05/30/2016 09:21 AM, Geert Uytterhoeven wrote:
> Ah, so you may also know the solutions for my issues below, from a
> Google+ post a while ago?
>
> While dist-upgrading my debian-armhf/jessie NFS roots, systemd was
> installed on one of them, breaking the next boot of the affected board
> :-( Interestingly (or rather: fortunately), only one of them got
> systemd, the others are still alive and kicking with sysvinit-core.
>
> Failure 1:
> systemd[1]: Failed to mount tmpfs at /sys/fs/cgroup: No such file or directory
>
> Ah, let's enable CONFIG_CGROUPS in the kernel.

This is well known, yes.

> Failure 2:
> A start job is running for dev-ttySC4.device
> Timed out waiting for device dev-ttySC4.device
>
> Bye bye serial console :-(
>
> Seems this needs CONFIG_FHANDLE.

Maybe this website helps here:

> http://exherbo.org/docs/systemd.html

> Failure 3:
> Hey... I seem to have a working system again? Is this too good to be true?
>
> Yes it is:
> 3.1. Autologin on a serial console is no more. I tried to enable it,
> but couldn't get it to work (the agetty is started automatically,
> based on the kernel's console, without the help of any config file in
> /etc/systemd),

> http://0pointer.de/blog/projects/serial-console.html

> 3.2. "stty rows N" doesn't seem to have any effect on my serial console anymore?
> 3.3. My root filesystem stays mounted read-only.
>
> Fortunately sysvinit-core is only an apt-get install away...

I'm not sure what the reasoning of these posts are. People are hacking
together a custom kernel and then replace one of the core userland
components with a much more modern software.

Wouldn't it be at least reasonable to read the provided documentation
before posting such complaints? I find this rather unfair, to be honest.

Adrian

--
 .''`.  John Paul Adrian Glaubitz