Re: Debian on mac68k

On 3/28/16 9:56 PM, Finn Thain wrote:

> On Tue, 29 Mar 2016, I wrote:
>

>> On Mon, 28 Mar 2016, Mac User wrote:
>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> This kernel boots on my LC III, but not on my IIfx (it hangs right
>>> before the boot screen comes up, at the same point where there is
>>> about a 2-minute pause when booting Debian 3.1).
>>
>> Thanks for testing. What happens if you boot MacOS with extensions
>> disabled? (That is, restart and hold shift key down until you see the
>> words "Extensions disabled".)
>
> Also in regard to using the Penguin bootloader on the IIfx, please
> see the documentation regarding the "Serial Switch" control panel:
>   http://mac.linux-m68k.org/docs/penguin.php#srobyb
> and
>   http://mac.linux-m68k.org/docs/faq.php#sec-6.5
>

>> Failing that, please add the parameters,
>> 	earlyprintk printk.time=1 ignore_loglevel
>> to the kernel command line in Penguin settings and send me a photo of the
>> screen at the point where it hangs.

It boots on the IIfx with "Serial Switch" set to "compatible" -- sorry,
I thought I'd done that.

ADB is detected on the IIfx (but not the LC III); the boot screen says:
 "adb: IOP ISM driver v0.4 for Unified ADB."  On the LC III, I currently
need a serial console to login.

The IIfx boots all the way to a login screen using my Debian 3.1
installation.  Unfortunately, the ADB keyboard doesn't work -- possibly
a keymap problem, or maybe something getting set incorrectly in the
Debian 3.1 rc scripts.  I'll try installing a later version from Debian
unstable.

-Stan