Re: Debian on mac68k

On Wed, 24 Feb 2016, I wrote:

> ... The new build is here,
>
>   https://www.telegraphics.com.au/~fthain/stan/linux-m68k-image-4.1.18-mac-00084-ge6b89b9.tar.gz
>
>   SHA1 9ee49c4d9361785b872f9448acd3e25a4f52ab92
>
> The patches are the 84 that I've sent to the scsi maintainers. They
> affect only the mac_scsi module. (Mac kernel binaries don't have any use
> for atari_scsi, sun3_scsi etc so these modules aren't present.)

I've built a new kernel binary with the latest mac_scsi patches included.
That is, the 23 patches that I recently sent to the scsi maintainers, in
addition to the previous 84.

This version of mac_scsi implements working PDMA which should benefit
68020- and 68030-based Macs (except for the IIfx). For example, sequential
disk read throughput on my LC III is about fifteen times faster (when
measured with dd).

The mac_scsi driver needs more work in order to support DMA on the IIfx
and PDMA on 68040-based PowerBooks. (All of the other 68040-based Macs use
the mac_esp driver and not mac_scsi.)

The download is here,

https://www.telegraphics.com.au/~fthain/stan/linux-m68k-image-4.1.20-mac_scsi+.tar.gz

SHA1 2a5418a5423f234ea549ea9dc26624cb5dbdae69

As before, this kernel configuration has the essential Mac drivers
built-in so that it can be used without an initrd, e.g. for installation.