Re: Building linux (3h 44m, vs93)

On Wed, Mar 09, 2016 at 10:59:12AM +0100, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz wrote:
> On 03/09/2016 10:53 AM, Christian T. Steigies wrote:
> > I remember the old days where the buildd would receive an email when a
> > package was outdated. I don't think I received one, but maybe my local email
> > forwarding is not set up properly.
>
> Hmm. We should ask Aurelien about that. Maybe the notification mechanism
> has changed.
>
> > How long does building linux take nowadays, one week? Two? Maybe I should
> > stop it, your shiny virtual machine will probably be finished before the
> > real 68060...
>
> Should take no longer than 7 hours according to statistics [1].

Well, then something is broken with garkin. I already wondered why upgrading
the chroot takes so incredibly long:
| Update chroot

[...]
Fetched 27.4 MB in 59min 4s (7741 B/s)

while downloading the source has a reasonable speed
Get:1 http://incoming.debian.org/debian-buildd buildd-unstable/main linux 4.4.4-1 (dsc) [135 kB]
Get:2 http://incoming.debian.org/debian-buildd buildd-unstable/main linux 4.4.4-1 (tar) [88.5 MB]
Get:3 http://incoming.debian.org/debian-buildd buildd-unstable/main linux 4.4.4-1 (diff) [3076 kB]
Fetched 91.7 MB in 3min 45s (406 kB/s)

I did configure .sbuildrc to NOT update/upgrade anything (a cron job does
that):
$apt_update = 0;
$apt_distupgrade = 0;
$apt_upgrade = 0;

But still the buildd is started with this:

buildd   10354  0.0  3.4  19168 17456 ?        SN   Mar08   0:56 /usr/bin/perl /usr/bin/sbuild --apt-update --no-apt-upgrade --no-apt-distupgrade -

What did I configure wrong?

> > [1] https://buildd.debian.org/status/logs.php?pkg=linux&arch=m68k

I assume most of these very virtual machines, pacman used 4 days. garkin is
still compiling:
  CC      net/core/flow_dissector.o

Christian