Re: Building linux (3h 44m, vs93)

On Wed, Mar 09, 2016 at 10:09:19AM +0100, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz wrote:
> On 03/09/2016 10:01 AM, Christian T. Steigies wrote:
> > by now I see some "virtual" machine has snatched the package from garkin, why?
>
> Simple: linux_4.4.2-2 was just uploaded last night (2:15 am UTC) [1] and
> hence replaces 4.4.2-1 which is being build by garkin.

Oh, I did not check the version numbers.

> > How? Do they have more rights than real machines nowadays?
>
> No, not at all. That's a normal process and one of the design "features"
> of wanna-build. But I don't really see how this could be resolved
> differently.
>
> garkin can still finish building package version 4.4.2-1 and after
> uploading the package, it will still be accepted into the archive. It's
> just no longer the current version.

I remember the old days where the buildd would receive an email when a
package was outdated. I don't think I received one, but maybe my local email
forwarding is not set up properly.

How long does building linux take nowadays, one week? Two? Maybe I should
stop it, your shiny virtual machine will probably be finished before the
real 68060...

Christian