Re: Debian on mac68k

Finn and Adrian,

On 2/23/16 8:50 AM, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz wrote:
> Use the kernel that Finn just created for your machine, see:
>
> > https://lists.debian.org/debian-68k/2016/02/msg00047.html

thanks..  The kernel hung once at the "ABCFGHIJK"-on-a-white-screen,
but then it booted successfully twice after that. It found the console,
Farallon Ethermac card and SCSI disk, then it stopped for a few
minutes after:
"random: nonblocking pool is initialized"

There were no further messages after:
"systemd[1]: Failed to mount tmpfs at /sys/fs/cgroup: No such file
or directory"

I waited a while, but it never showed up on the network.

I would guess that for some reason it's hanging before running any of
the init scripts from the tarball that I downloaded earlier.

Is ADB any less stable with 4.1.18 than in Debian 3.1?  (I never
noticed any issues with it there, though I also never used the mouse).

Would it make sense to try using the 4.1.18 kernel with my old Debian
3.1 filesystems?  I'd have to restore them from a backup (taking a
few hours at least).

thanks

-Stan