Re: Please block chumley from building package cbmc

Hi Christian, All,

[...]
> Anyhow, why is it inconsistent? The build has failed due to some tests:
>
> Tests failed
>   2 of 342 tests failed, 21 tests skipped
> Failed test: Function_Pointer7
> CBMC version 5.0 32-bit linux
> Parsing main.c
> Converting
> Type-checking main
> file main.c line 22 function main: warning: conversion from `struct dev
> (*)[4]' to `struct dev *': incompatible pointer types
> file main.c line 26 function main: function `assert' is not declared
> Generating GOTO Program
> Adding CPROVER library
> Function Pointer Removal
> Partial Inlining
> Generic Property Instrumentation
> Starting Bounded Model Checking
> size of program expression: 47 steps
> simple slicing removed 0 assignments
> Generated 1 VCC(s), 0 remaining after simplification
> VERIFICATION SUCCESSFUL
> SIGNAL=0

[...]

The above output should have a line

EXIT=0

just before SIGNAL=0 and I can't really see any reason why the script producing
this text output would not guarantee that (the only possible explanation being:
all the text beforehand is synced to disk only after the EXIT line was written,
but before the SIGNAL line. I might dig further, but given this has only
happened on chumley/crest so far, and the build taking 6 days on that host, it
doesn't seem terribly worthwhile.

> I would not know how to blacklist one package one a buildd, but I guess it
> will not pick it up again in the near future.

Here's what mirabilos sent me earlier (he permitted being quoted):

----- Forwarded message from Thorsten Glaser <tg@mirbsd.de> -----