Re: m68k on Amiga 1200

On Wed, Jun 11, 2014 at 2:19 AM, Finn Thain <fthain@telegraphics.com.au> wrote:
>> Can't just amiboot read the time from the amigaos and pass it onto
>> linux?
>
> Could be a good idea. Unfortunately I don't think the Amiga bootinfo
> records support it. The Mac bootinfo records do provide the kernel boot
> time (since some Mac RTC drivers are missing) but the kernel doesn't make
> use of this. Support for this has been requested before but it seems
> there's always more important issues to work on.

IMHO adding bootinfo support for passing the time and rebuilding amiboot
is much more work than fixing the RTC driver. Apart from that, it wouldn't
fix the real issue.

Rtc-msm6242 can be build as a module, so debugging the driver can be done
without rebooting (as long as you don't crash the kernel ;-)

Gr{oetje,eeting}s,

                        Geert

                                -- Linus Torvalds