Re: aranym (= 0.9.16-1)

John Paul Adrian Glaubitz dixit:

>Me too, using it on unstable. It's what pacman is running on.
>However, I still can't use more than 512 MB of FastMem, setting
>the FastMem to 784 MB results in the m68k kernel stuck at boot
>and I think Aranym is also segfaulting at that point:

Oh, fun. This all works for me. *updates his sid box*

>Well, backporting it shouldn't be much of a problem, is it?

Probably not, right. I volunteer to do backports to older
versions (e.g. lenny, lucid using PPA) on request.

>That's awesome. I wonder whether we will be able to catch up
>with architectures like alpha or hppa soon.

Only if people constantly monitor these graphs, and intervene
when something goes wrong. Also, I decided to run this for now:

tg@ara5:~ $ fgrep -C 1 DEB_B ~buildd/.sbuildrc
$build_environment = {
	'DEB_BUILD_OPTIONS' => 'nobench nocheck',
};

This also helps, short-term. (Most of the stuff is for building
bindings only anyway, not for actual users. For now. ;-)

But it’s more important to recognise binNMUs (e.g. rebuild against
new libfoo, new python, to get rid of old python, etc.) and the
known dpo-minidak bug that prevents it from keeping packages that
are still depended on (such as libffi5) in the archive when the
source package (here libffi) stops building them, and is uploaded
with a larger version.

I can still do that from time to time. I guess I should best shout
to the mailing list when I find something and what I did to fix it,
so we have it preserved? (Also, this way, the m68k port list could
be a good read for upcoming other (new) port maintainers…)

bye,
//mirabilos
--
<mirabilos> Du hast nen Knall