Re: aranym (= 0.9.16-1)

Hello!

On 04/22/2014 12:27 PM, Thorsten Glaser wrote:
> I tried the new ARAnyM version that was silently and without
> announcing the fixes uploaded to sid recently (there’s still
> no release announcement on aranym.org even).

Me too, using it on unstable. It's what pacman is running on.
However, I still can't use more than 512 MB of FastMem, setting
the FastMem to 784 MB results in the m68k kernel stuck at boot
and I think Aranym is also segfaulting at that point:

[813711.408092] aranym-mmu[11875]: segfault at fffffffffffffff8 ip
00007f6ebe39e0ea sp 00007fff20e24950 error 5 in
libmpfr.so.4.1.2[7f6ebe391000+5a000]

But this might also be unrelated, I didn't debug the issue since
I am happy now that pacman is working fine.

> It fixes indeed the FPU bug, which means that Andreas’ patch
> for Python can use precision switching alright.

Cool, thanks for the update!

> This *also* means that 0.9.16-1 is mandatory Really Soon Now
> – I installed it on wheezy, where it pulled in a new libmpfr
> and libc6, but nothing else, and it WFM. We may again need a
> backport though… possibly, again, with a libmpfr backport. I
> can run the sid ARAnyM just fine myself – the buildd runs on
> the aforementioned system, and my desktop runs sid – but for
> others…

Well, backporting it shouldn't be much of a problem, is it?

> JFYI. In other news, glib2.0 was uploaded, which should make
> a lot of BD-Uninstallable go away. I’ll be offline for three
> days now, doing other stuff.

That's awesome. I wonder whether we will be able to catch up
with architectures like alpha or hppa soon.

Adrian

--
 .''`.  John Paul Adrian Glaubitz