Re: Amiga looking for an OS

Gayle Lee Fairless dixit:

>Gentlemen,
>
>    I was looking for the most current Debian build for an Amiga 2000HD
>with a G-Force 030 board.  Well, it also has a 386 bridgeboard, but I
>guess that doesn't matter?

I think so. An 030 may be a problem with current kernel versions,
but AFAIHH there is already a fix in Linux upstream.

>    Anyway, I found this directory
>
>http://people.debian.org/~wouter/d-i/images/daily/

We do not use d-i at the moment.

>https://wiki.debian.org/M68k/Status

Ahem, well. There are snapshots from some time ago, which
you can dist-upgrade. I guess I could make some new ones
like those, although I’d like to ensure up-to-date-ness of
some core packages like gcc first, and it will take me a bit.

>http://www.linux-m68k.org/dists.html

This is historic (maybe the entire site is). We use kernel 3.13
at the moment, just like the rest of Debian. It’s just that there
is no “testing” distribution, and no releases.

bye,
//mirabilos
--
<theftf> Ich gebs zu, jupp ist cool
	-- theftf zu Natureshadow beim Fixen von Debian