Re: Improving Performance

Hi Geert,
The problem is - it dies when calling ioremap:

               stram_virt_offset = ioremap(stram_pool.start,
resource_size(&stram_pool) - stram_pool.start);

Why do you subtract stram_pool.start from the size again?

Good question - no idea where that got left over from.

Answer: misplaced bracket. Your suggestion for using ioremap had one bracket missing, and I picked the wrong place to add it :-(

Using ioremap in an arch_initcall() context does work - with that, atafb can be simplified to set the right cache mode unconditionally again. Only tested in ARAnyM so far, so this will need testing on real hardware again after cleaning up the patches a bit more. Should get to that over the weekend.

With a view towards supporting hardware that does not rely on ST-RAM for frame buffer memory, we may need a virt/phys translation that works on both ioremapped and kmalloced memory. Has this been done before?

Cheers,