Re: Improving Performance

Stefan,

In that case, it might be sufficient to change the fixed Videl base
address to a variable one in the atafb driver, and perhaps use kmalloc
instead of stram_alloc to allocate the frame buffer. If someone with
access to this hardware is interested in giving this a try, I'd be happy
to elaborate.

Yeah, i'd be happy to try.

Regarding the ideas about support for kernel in ST-RAM with framebuffer support that Geert and I bounced around - see my two patches to the lists a few minutes ago.

With Andreas' ARAnyM patch, this can all be tested without hardware. Allocation of framebuffer memory from ST-RAM does work, but atafb init causes a double bus fault at present. Not certain why that is - missing mapping, or some bug in atafb that does only manifest when virtual and physical addresses are different.

Cheers,