Re: Partitioning Atari Falcon in order to run linux/m68k

On Tue, Jan 7, 2014 at 9:38 AM, Michael Schmitz
<schmitz@biophys.uni-duesseldorf.de> wrote:
>>> I'd love to do some further testing. However, I haven't been able to
>>> boot 3.12 on my Amigas yet. Neither elgar (A4000) nor merlin (A1200)
>>> like to boot with 3.12. elgar seems to be stuck forever (it doesn't
>>> show any output beyond what you see), while merlin gets a kernel panic.
>>
>> Merlin crashes because of the futex_init() issue on '030.
>
> Thanks - in that case it might be better to apply the Blizzard SCSI commits
> to an earlier kernel version (they were done on 3.1o IIRC but should apply
> to earlier versions as well)?

If people are patching kernel sources for the Blizzard driver anyway, it
would be only a little bit of extra work to just apply the fix at
https://lkml.org/lkml/2013/12/11/141. Or disable CONFIG_FUTEX.

Gr{oetje,eeting}s,

                        Geert

                                -- Linus Torvalds