Re: Linux/m68k config again

Finn,

Isn't setting CONFIG_EARLY_PRINTK=y here doing just that? (default y is
a Kconfig option, the above is directly set in defconfig)

The file boot/config-3.11-2-m68k comes not from defconfig but from the
deb, generated by scripts discussed earlier in this thread, see
https://lists.debian.org/debian-68k/2013/12/msg00159.html

I see - in that case, <x-tad-bigger>debian/config/m68k/config needs to be patched to include
the option defaulting to y. If any new bugs are exposed by that, we can at least get reports and fix those (this is not to say the kernels with early printk enabled should not be regression tested as far as that is possible). </x-tad-bigger>

You are right that the mac defconfig upstream might benefit from
CONFIG_EARLY_PRINTK=y, but I'm not particularly fussed about it because
upstream users can configure their own kernels.

True - the Debian config generation is what is at issue here. With platform specific kernels gone, just a single file needs patching

Cheers,