Modified Mac ROM, was Re: BigRamPlus arrived

On Wed, 11 Dec 2013, John Klos wrote:

> Something worth considering while thinking about pre-MMU memory setups
> is that many Macintosh Quadras / Centrises can address 128 meg SIMMs in
> each socket without hardware modification (aside from, obviously,
> installing larger SIMMs).
>
> Rob Braun did this for Mac OS, but it only works with an updated ROM,
> but we realized that there'd be no reason this couldn't be done when
> booting an OS of our choice. You can read about it here:
>
> http://www.synack.net/~bbraun/netbsdmac1.html
> http://www.synack.net/~bbraun/netbsdmac2.html

Thanks for the links. I didn't know about that hack. The ROM image is
apparently available for Quadra/Centris 610/650/800.

Also on that site is Mac IIsi ROM with a boot floppy image added:
http://www.synack.net/~bbraun/macromboot.html

An EMILE boot floppy would be an ideal candidate for this.
I wonder if it is possible to add a boot floppy image to a Quadra ROM...

Finn