Re: BigRamPlus arrived

And maybe someone will want to put extra memory into other subarchs,
too… I just learned the hard way that hardcoding is often undesirable
(though softcoding may be too much, sometimes, too).

Do you want m68k to move to device trees?
Then we can put all types of memory at the right spot in the tree,
and derive the priorities from the bus topology.

Something worth considering while thinking about pre-MMU memory setups is that many Macintosh Quadras / Centrises can address 128 meg SIMMs in each socket without hardware modification (aside from, obviously, installing larger SIMMs).

Rob Braun did this for Mac OS, but it only works with an updated ROM, but we realized that there'd be no reason this couldn't be done when booting an OS of our choice. You can read about it here:

http://www.synack.net/~bbraun/netbsdmac1.html
http://www.synack.net/~bbraun/netbsdmac2.html

It might be worthwhile to have a few 40 MHz or 50 MHz (I have some Quaddoublers) Quadra 650s with 520 megs of memory in addition to the Amigas with BigRamPlusses.

John Klos