Re: Please drop crest as porterbox (update m68k machines)

On Sun, Sep 01, 2013 at 09:08:37PM +0200, Ingo J?rgensmann wrote:

> I would prefer to keep it listed as porter machine in general, but add a
> comment, that the machine is currently under rework and will be relocated
> to the datacenter in the next weeks.
> Christian can maybe comment in more detail when the machine will be ready
> to get relocated to the datacenter...  as I understood him in a recent
> personal mail, there's not much to do until it can be made publically
> available again.

Well, it depends... crest seems to be running fairly stable now, but:
- you suggested to put it back in its original housing, the tower is big and
  sometimes problematic (currently works only when on a flat ground)
- the SCSI drivers do not work, the IDE harddisk it is using is only on loan
- the autoboot setup could be improved a bit

The first two points do not affect kullervo, but if I take machines to
Hamburg, I'd like to take them both at the same time.

Christian