Re: TLS, was Re: Getting the ol' Macintosh LC475 modernized

On Thu, Aug 22, 2013 at 3:37 PM, Joseph S. Myers
<joseph@codesourcery.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 22 Aug 2013, Geert Uytterhoeven wrote:
>
>> > The vDSO support has been there in glibc ever since the NPTL port was
>> > first added.  I've no idea why the kernel changes still haven't gone in.
>>
>> I didn't know that. Seems to be recent work, cfr.
>> https://github.com/Xilinx/glibc/blob/master/ports/ChangeLog.m68k ?
>
> It dates back to the original 2010-03-09 addition of NPTL support.

Ah yes, further in the log...

>> Where can I find the kernel changes?
>
> I don't know where such changes may have originally been posted but e.g.
> one version appears to be at
> <https://dev.openwrt.org/browser/trunk/target/linux/coldfire/patches/012-Add-vDSO-support-for-Coldfire-platform.patch?rev=31546>.

Thanks!

I (Google) can't find any evidence of them ever being posted to a public list.
They seem to have entered OpenWRT without any discussion on
openwrt-devel@lists.openwrt.org (yes, I'm subscribed)...

Gr{oetje,eeting}s,

                        Geert

                                -- Linus Torvalds