Re: buildds screwed?

Am 18.05.2013 um 11:13 schrieb Tuomas Vainikka <tuomas.vainikka@kopteri.net>:

>> Hmmm, well, all these machines only have 128 MB RAM. Using a RAM disk will be, well, difficult. ;)
> How about booting over nfs then? That's how I've been using my Amiga ever since Blizzard SCSI -support was dropped.

That's awfully slooooow for a buildd. Remember that every disk access and every swapping needs to go through a network card that only let 200-400 kB/s going through on Amigas under Linux. Under AmigaOS the Ariadne NICs are faster.

But yes, for a test it would be ok, though.

--
Ciao...            //      Fon: 0381-2744150
      Ingo       \X/       http://blog.windfluechter.net

gpg pubkey:  http://www.juergensmann.de/ij_public_key.asc