Re: buildds screwed?

On Mon, 13 May 2013, Christian T. Steigies wrote:

> > Even GCC's own ICE messages say so. It retries the compilation if it
> > fails due to an ICE, automatically, and if it does _not_ fail again,
> > the hardware is at fault. (Which may not necessarily be a problem with
> > the memory.)
>
> Well, I had this example last week where during two builds different
> test cases failed, and the third build succeeded. If this is the
> hardware, what should I do...

I'd try to find a second, identical machine that gives different results,
and start swapping or renewing components until you isolate the faulty
part.

You don't have to physically swap some components. E.g. if you suspect a
problem with the disk controller/cables/drive, you could swap it for a RAM
disk.

Finn