Re: Accepted orbit2 1:2.14.19-0.3 (source amd64)

> Le 22 novembre 2013 à 11:51, Geert Uytterhoeven <geert@linux-m68k.org> a écrit :
>

> On Fri, Nov 22, 2013 at 11:12 AM, Josselin Mouette <joss@debian.org> wrote:

> >> This just proves that you removed the patch just to spite me
> >> as you know I’m working with the m68k porters.
> >
> > No, I removed the patch because it is bad practice to apply patches
>
> IMHO, missing explicit padding is a generic portability issue, not purely
> m68k-related. Besides, the padding exists in the other structures.

I agree. It appears on m68k because this is the only architecture with 16bit alignments for long and pointers...

Josselin, the existing code is broken, but this is hidden...

As explain in the patch, perhaps duplicating the code dealing with the two structures should be the good solution.

Regards,
Laurent