Re: Modernizing a Macintosh LC III

Geert,

I also compiled my own kernel using the .config off the ftp and get the same hang. I just did a "make", I'm not sure if there's a custom line that needs
done or anything.

That's a multi-platform kernel?

Can you please try disabling support for the other platforms? There
may be an evil
driver for another platform crashing the machine when run on Mac.

Now that does indeed ring a bell - I think I've seen that happen before, I just cannot recalll what type of driver caused this.

Might be worth leaving one platform out of the multiplatform set at a time to see whether that rogue driver is from Amiga, Atari or what else.

Multiplatform interrupt support might be another one.

Cheers,

	Michael

Gr{oetje,eeting}s,

                        Geert

In personal conversations with technical people, I call myself a hacker. But when I'm talking to journalists I just say "programmer" or something like that.
                                -- Linus Torvalds