Re: Mac-only binary, was Re: Modernizing a Macintosh LC III

 vbOn 11/18/2013 2:29 AM, Finn Thain wrote:
On Sat, 16 Nov 2013, Patrick McCarthy wrote:

The ARAnyM kernel and initrd you posted unfortunately didn't work, I put
them in Penguin in 32bit mode and it hung at 'MacLinux ABCDEFGHIJK'.
I've built a Mac-only 3.12 kernel that you or Scott may want to test, just
in case the regression relates to multi-platform support (it's a long shot
though).

You can download it here:

http://www.telegraphics.com.au/~fthain/patrickjmc/vmlinux-3.12.0-mac.gz
http://www.telegraphics.com.au/~fthain/patrickjmc/kernel-binary-3.12.0-mac.tar.gz

This booted great for me. It might just be placebo effect but I feel like it booted a fair bit faster than the last one. Modules seem great too. This actually let me get about half a second of working mouse in X before it froze up or something. Still investigating that, but it's progress!

Scott