Re: fs-uae_2.2.3-1_amd64.changes REJECTED

On 11/01/2013 02:19 AM, Luke Faraone wrote:
> Hello John,

Adrian :).

>> Interestingly, the file "filesys_bootrom.cpp" is already part
>> both of "uae" and "e-uae" which are currently both in the
>> Debian archive. It's part of the uae sources and subject
>> to it's copyright.
>
> A bug should probably be filed against them if the freeness of the file
> cannot be determined.

I just saw that Paul oversaw something :).

The source for filesys_bootrom.cpp is indeed included, it's right
there and called "filesys.asm" which is to be assembled, then
converted with the script filesys.sh to generate filesys_bootrom.cpp.

> If that controller is not required for the function of the package you
> have the option to remove it. I do not really wish to argue as to what
> the "point" of having source code available; if it is indeed pointless
> (because it is unused, for example), then it is probably not worth
> including in the source tarball.
>
> If including it in the source tarball is important, then being able to
> modify it is probably also important.

Well, I know the person who actually designed the controller hardware,
Jens Schoenfeld, I'll ask him. I guess he also has the driver source
and I will ask Frode to include it.

>> As for the "sinctable.cpp" file, I'm not sure exactly what it does,
>> but is it really necessary to have the Python script available?
>
> We need the preferred form of modification for a work. In the case of
> generated code, it is most usually the code that was used to generate
> the code.

Interestingly, I just checked "uae" which is in Debian and the file
is there as well. Should be the same for "e-uae".

I'll figure out where it comes from.

Adrian

--
 .''`.  John Paul Adrian Glaubitz