Re: fs-uae_2.2.3-1_amd64.changes REJECTED

Hello Paul,

thanks for reviewing fs-uae again!

It's a pity it got rejected again since we are desperately waiting
for fs-uae to be in the archives so we can finally get rid of both
"uae" and "e-uae" which have been abandoned both in Debian as well
upstream.

As for your complaints, I understand that we always want to have
100%-DFSG-compliant packages in Debian. However, I'm afraid,
that's not always possible.

For fs-uae, which is a fork of uae, this holds true because the
source has been modified by dozens of developers and has been
forked several times since uae was initially released. There
are so many contributions that it is sometimes not feasible to
get the proper source or figure out who holds the copyright.

I fully agree that this is not the optimal situation, but sometimes
we should find a compromise when the last percent to get the
100% compliance are nearly impossible to get.

Interestingly, the file "filesys_bootrom.cpp" is already part
both of "uae" and "e-uae" which are currently both in the
Debian archive. It's part of the uae sources and subject
to it's copyright.

Both filesys_bootrom.cpp and core.cw4.cpp (a firmware to
support the Catweasel controller by Individual Computers)
are native m68k code. There isn't much point in providing
the source code for these, I'd assume they have been
written in m68k assembler.

As for the "sinctable.cpp" file, I'm not sure exactly what it does,
but is it really necessary to have the Python script available?

I'll ask upstream.

In any case,

*sigh*

Adrian