Re: [m68k] linux 3.10.1 with initrd

Ben Hutchings dixit:

>For myself, I don't much care if non-release architectures have weird
>configurations.

Right, but it’s still better if every Debian architecture
“feels” similar enough. I’m very much *not* knowledgeable
about Linux kernels other than 2.0.3x ;-) so I’d appreciate
feedback nevertheless, to keep the “feel” harmonised.

>But the configurations will still need to be written as
>a list of overriding definitions, not a complete generated .config.

Yes, but how to do that? The file you referenced only says
in which order they’re concatenated, but I’ve got no idea
what overrides what, etc.

Did nobody script that yet? I can’t believe that.

(Anyway, it’ll still be a while until I have something
I can submit, so no need to hurry. But I’d like to be
steered back into the correct direction should I stray.)

Thanks,
//mirabilos
--
“It is inappropriate to require that a time represented as
 seconds since the Epoch precisely represent the number of