Re: buildds screwed?

On Mon, May 13, 2013 at 07:42:49AM +0000, Thorsten Glaser wrote:
> Christian T. Steigies dixit:
>
> >Thorsten mentioned something about a new toolchain which causes problems
> >with the buildds. I think I got that... kullervo could not install debhelper
> >because of libffi5, where it really wanted libffi6. After installing about
>
> Should be done now, as I???m uploading glib2.0 right now.
>
> >20 packages in the host system, I have the new debhelper, but in the buildd
> >chroot, this should work automatically as the packages are available? How
> >did you fix that for the other buildds?
>
> Waiting for a bit, until the relevant packages are available.

ok

> >Maybe related to that, I was trying to build gcc-4.6, but I have unmet build
> >dependencies (how can this ever be built from scratch with such a large list
> >of build-depends?)
>
> Please do not build gcc-4.6 manually, it wants patches.
> I marked it specifically as Not-For-Us in wanna-build.

I know it is marked, but kullervo was idling and I was hoping that maybe a
native build could get rid of some of the ICEs and segfaults. You are not
seeing them on aranym? Most of the attemted builds (which I could give back
yesterday, as the buildd was not running...) are caused by that.
Will your patches be available in the debian source package or somewhere
else? I tried to build binutils before, they failed with a segfault. But
before they were trying to compare the test results with the previous
version, but there are no test results included in the current package. This
also has some patches from you?

> I???m working on gcc-4.{6,7,8} right now, additionally.
>
> >According to debian-ports 0.16.1-2 is installed (but there is no log):
> >http://buildd.debian-ports.org/status/package.php?p=cloog-ppl&suite=sid
>
> That???s because I built it manually.

But it says "installed". It is not? You seem to manipulate the wb database
manually, can we do that as well? 3 minutes for every buildd email, it takes
a lot of time to process them all.

> >Where can I get this package? Yes, I have unstable and unreleased on my
> >sources.list.
>
> I uploaded it to unstable late yesternight, so it will probably
> show up now or later this day. Just like the glib2.0 I???m uploading
> right now will end up being pooled by mini-dak in the run at 12:02 UTC
> (14:02 CEST), which will then take a few hours to process the archive
> to generate new Packages and Release{,.gpg} files, which means that,
> at something like 18:00-20:00 CEST, it should be available.

Ok

> I???ll be dayjobbing now.

Have fun,
Christian