Re: buildds screwed?

Christian T. Steigies dixit:

>I know it is marked, but kullervo was idling and I was hoping that maybe a
>native build could get rid of some of the ICEs and segfaults. You are not

It won’t. I’ve seen these issues while *running* the mksh testsuite
on it, which is totally separate from anything GCC.

Even GCC’s own ICE messages say so. It retries the compilation if it
fails due to an ICE, automatically, and if it does _not_ fail again,
the hardware is at fault. (Which may not necessarily be a problem
with the memory.)

>Will your patches be available in the debian source package or somewhere

Of course. But only in that in unreleased. But the packages need to
be built in the right order.

>else? I tried to build binutils before, they failed with a segfault. But

I say check the hardware.

>before they were trying to compare the test results with the previous
>version, but there are no test results included in the current package. This
>also has some patches from you?

No, I just build with DEB_BUILD_OPTIONS='nobench nocheck' when doing
manual builds.

>> >According to debian-ports 0.16.1-2 is installed (but there is no log):
>> >http://buildd.debian-ports.org/status/package.php?p=cloog-ppl&suite=sid
>>
>> That???s because I built it manually.
>
>But it says "installed". It is not?

Yes, that’s when a package gets ACCEPTed by mini-dak. After that,
it’s available in the “incoming” until it gets moved to the normal
pool locations.

>You seem to manipulate the wb database manually, can we do that as
>well?

Possibly, ask Aurelién (he’ll probably be busy with something else
at the moment though).

>3 minutes for every buildd email, it takes a lot of time to process
>them all.

The buildd does its own manipulation of the wanna-build database,
and you cannot and must not step on its toes. When I do something
in wanna-build, it’s a different user additionally.

Did you try to see whether SSH connection multiplexing is active?

>> I???ll be dayjobbing now.
>
>Have fun,

Oh well… it begun with a broken HDD in my desktop.
Can only get better. I hope the rain stops, we (cow-orkers) wanted
to play football after work…

bye,
//mirabilos
--
  “Having a smoking section in a restaurant is like having
          a peeing section in a swimming pool.”