Re: hyperestraier, OpenJDK and Debian-Ports

Satoru KURASHIKI dixit:

>Thank you for your suggestion.
>I will accept this change,

Thanks, you're welcome.

>>         adep: [48]openjdk-6-jdk [not hppa hurd-i386 kfreebsd-amd64
>> kfreebsd-i386 mips mipsel s390x]

                                    ↑↑↑

>> I suggest to change it to:
>>
>> openjdk-6-jdk [alpha amd64 armel armhf i386 ia64 powerpc powerpcspe s390
>> sh4 sparc], �

>But I'm unclear why this change make other ports buildable, so I'm glad to
>know about that (or some pointers?).
>
>Policy 7.1 says:
>"if the current Debian host architecture is not in this list and there are
>no exclamation marks in the list,

There is an exclamation mark (rendered as “not” by the PTS).

> or it is in the list with a prepended exclamation mark, the package name

And the “previously unknown” architectures, like arm64 armhf
avr32 m68k, etc. are not in the list but there is an exclamation
mark.

>It seems that m68k is not on lists both of mine and yours, so I think
>openjdk-6-jdk will be
>ignored on the m68k host. What do I misunderstand?

The above.

What you have right now is:
	[ ! hppa hurd-i386 kfreebsd-amd64 kfreebsd-i386 mips mipsel s390x]

The total list of Debian architectures, ignoring mint-m68k and the NetBSD
port for now, is (taken from my repository scripts):

alpha amd64 arm arm64 armel armhf avr32 hppa hurd-i386 i386 ia64
kfreebsd-amd64 kfreebsd-i386 m68k mips mipsel powerpc powerpcspe
ppc64 s390 s390x sh4 sparc sparc64

So, your negative-list is equivalent to:
	[ alpha amd64 arm arm64 armel armhf avr32 i386 ia64 m68k
	  powerpc powerpcspe ppc64 s390 sh4 sparc sparc64 ]

But that list contains architectures which have no OpenJDK, so it’s
better to look at the PTS which do:

http://packages.debian.org/search?keywords=openjdk-6-jdk
     * [43]sid (unstable) (java): OpenJDK Development Kit (JDK)
       6b24-1.11.5-1: alpha amd64 armel armhf i386 ia64 mips mipsel powerpc s390 s390x sparc
       6b24-1.11.1-3 [[44]debports]: sh4
       6b24~pre2-1 [[45]debports]: powerpcspe

That makes for:
	[ alpha amd64 armel armhf i386 ia64 mips mipsel
	  powerpc powerpcspe s390 s390x sh4 sparc ]

Which is the list I suggested. Of course, it will need adjustment
from time to time, but the other one did too, and this way around,
it’s easier for new architectures (or old ones being revived ;-)
to jump in, as they do not require a change. Only when OpenJDK 6
becomes usable on an architecture, *and* the port maintainers want
people to use it, it needs to be changed. (Maybe powerpcspe will
not, at the moment, maybe they will…)

I hope this makes it clearer?

Thanks,
//mirabilos
--
I want one of these. They cost 720 € though… good they don’t have the HD hole,
which indicates 3½″ floppies with double capacity… still. A tad too much, atm.