Re: Fwd: Log for attempted build of 6tunnel_0.11rc2-7 on m68k (dist=unstable)

Ingo J�mann dixit:

>Maybe we can speed things up by installed some more packages like
>fakeroot and such in the chroot and don't let them installed by
>sbuild.

I’m currently cheating like this. pbuilder still tries to install
them, but it doesn’t take that long.

I’ve pre-installed:
• fakeroot (needed by pbuilder anyway)
• debhelper (needed by 99% of the packages)
• eatmydata (can’t be used if it’s not in the chroot as well)

Also, I’ve removed debconf-i18n (still recommended) and used to
have sysv-rc replaced by file-rc (no longer recommended), and
dropped tasksel and tasksel-data.

Finally, make sure your build chroot is minimal – debootstrapping
from d-p.org puts stuff like gcc-4.2-base or gcc-4.4-base into it,
as well as some bootloaders… ridding them makes the dpkg database
of installed packages smaller.

Another thing: unless sbuild uses aptitude, you can remove aptitude,
aptitude-common, libcwidget3, libxapian22, libboost-iostreams1.49.0,
libept1.4.12, libsigc++-2.0-0c2a as you like.

Make sure the chroot uses --no-install-recommends.

Do use eatmydata. I repeat, use it.

Create an empty file CurrentlyBuilding in the top-level (“root”) dir
of the chroot, and add this to var/cache/debconf/config.dat:

Name: man-db/auto-update
Template: man-db/auto-update
Value: false
Owners: man-db

And finally, not a speed hack, but often required to keep the result
of “lsb_release -a” correct (and it does make that faster):

root@ara3:~ # cat /var/cache/pbuilder/base.cow/etc/lsb-release
DISTRIB_RELEASE=unstable
DISTRIB_CODENAME=sid

(Faster because, this way, lsb-release doesn’t need to ask apt what
it thinks its current release is.) Without it, sid is currently known
as wheezy, which is broken (Doko complained about it too already).

bye,
//mirabilos
--
<hecker> cool ein Ada Lovelace Google-Doodle. aber zum 197. Geburtstag? Hätten
die nicht noch 3 Jahre warten können? <mirabilos> bis dahin gibts google nicht