Re: The future of an SCC that has been given up on

On Tue, May 29, 2012 at 2:07 PM, Thorsten Glaser <tg@mirbsd.de> wrote:
>>Unfortunately I was forgetting about the 68851 MMU, for which I can find
>>no soft-core implementation. One would need to be written before Linux
>>could be ported to a custom SoC on FPGA.
>
> Or sun3-style, I’d guess. But yes.

Or Coldfire style.

And as people can choose were to put their eggs: or reusing OpenRISC style,
and adding software support for that? I.e. software TLB load (Coldfire uses that
too, doesn't it?) instead of hardware TLB load.

MMU (code that needs to know about it) matters for the kernel only...

Gr{oetje,eeting}s,

                        Geert

                                -- Linus Torvalds