Re: Has anyone successfully bootstrapped gcc-4.6.3 on m68k?

Vaugha Brewchuk dixit:

>> I see that your problem comes from unwind-dw2.c. This is about
>> DWARF2 exception unwinding. I didn't hit that bug because I use
>> SJ/LJ exceptions instead (due to lack of ELF support on my favorite
>> platform).
>
>NEXTSTEP does not support ELF either and from reviewing the internals
>documentation it was not clear to me that I needed to #define
>DWARF2_UNWIND_INFO 0.

Try also --enable-sjlj-exceptions and --without-dwarf2 and, if the
GCC experts here agree, --with-stabs (might make things worse).

>> The right solution would be to post a simplified, preprocessed test
>> case in GCC's Bugzilla. Unfortunately, GCC people does not seem to
>> care much about m68k issues :-(

Oh, I don’t think so. The help from Andreas, mikpe and a few others
has been incredibile. They are experts in things that go way over
my head still. (I’ve just picked up things along the way of running
a BSD, so…)

bye,
//mirabilos
--
Solange man keine schmutzigen Tricks macht, und ich meine *wirklich*
schmutzige Tricks, wie bei einer doppelt verketteten Liste beide