Re: MiNT cross-toolchain in Debian

Vincent Rivière dixit:

> For my information, could you please tell me how? The dh_strip man page does
> not gives any clue...

See sub cross_command in /usr/share/perl5/Debian/Debhelper/Dh_Lib.pm:
if DEB_BUILD_GNU_TYPE ≠ DEB_HOST_GNU_TYPE, it uses the cross tool
$DEB_HOST_GNU_TYPE-strip instead of strip. So you’ve “just” got to
let dh_strip think you’re cross-compiling.

Normally, you can cross-compile a package with
“dpkg-buildpackage -am68k”. “dpkg-buildpackage -amint-m68k” will
also be possible soon, as Guillem has included the MiNT patch in
his dpkg tree. (Or use the debs from me.)

>> Apparently, ataboot is a TOS executable and as such needs mintlib.
>
> If you tell me where I can find that source I will look at it.

It’s no problem, really. I don’t want to mess with that, and once
I got mintlib packaged, which doesn’t look _too_ difficult and has
benefit _anyway_, I’ll be able to build it.

> After looking closely to that issue, it appears that:
> - aranym is clean. The man page suggests to download the EmuTOS ROM from its
> official website.

Ah ok.

> - hatari is wrong. The EmuTOS binary is included without sources in both the
> hatari source and binary package.
>
> But I agree, let's leave that aside for now.

OK.

bye,
//mirabilos
--
[00:02] <Vutral> gecko: benutzt du emacs ?
[00:03] <gecko> nö          [00:03] <gecko> nur n normalen mac