Re: MiNT cross-toolchain in Debian

Vincent Rivière dixit:

> In my lame debian/rules build scripts, when compiling cross-libraries I use
> dh_strip -X to exclude the directories containing target libraries. Example
> from the mintlib package:
> dh_strip -X debian/gemlib-m68k-atari-mint/usr/m68k-atari-mint

Well, mintlib is easy, it’s a cross compilation, so we can easily tell
dh_strip to use the cross strip tool.

>> Now to atari-bootstrap: it does need mintlib.
>
> Could you please tell why?

Ugh… *looks at source*

> Maybe for building a few MiNT/TOS executables?
> Or maybe atari-bootstrap just requires a few includes? In that case they could
> just be copied into atari-bootstrap itself...

Apparently, ataboot is a TOS executable and as such needs mintlib.

>> It also needs m68k-atari-mint-flags (m68k-mint-flags probably), but
>> that’s not in binutils, can you share a source for that?
>
> Sure. That flags tool in the mintbin package, also available on my website.
>
> However, ld has similar functionality. Run "m68k-atari-mint-ld --target-help"
> to see the equivalent options. Then you can link the programs using a command
> line like the flollowing, instead of using the flags command:
> m68k-atari-mint-gcc a.c -o a.tos -Wl,--mno-altram

Thanks, that would be easier.

> I was surprised to discover that the EmuTOS binaries were distributed in the
> aranym and hatari Debian packages without the sources. Since they are official
> EmuTOS binaries, and the exact sources are always available on EmuTOS'
> SouceForge site, I suppose that's OK...

No, that’s actually an RC bug… they actually must even be removed from
the .orig.tar.gz if it doesn’t include the sources!

Good to know. Let’s keep this quiet until then though, otherwise
ftpmasters would probably remove aranym and hatari from the
archives unless it gets fixed ASAP…

I’ll work on all these then.

bye,
//mirabilos
--
If Harry Potter gets a splitting headache in his scar
when he’s near Tom Riddle (aka Voldemort),