Re: new ARAnyM with better FPU

Geert Uytterhoeven píše v Wed 21. 03. 2012 v 16:08 +0100:
> On Wed, Mar 21, 2012 at 14:41, Petr Stehlik <pstehlik@sophics.cz> wrote:
> > I am wondering if it is worth backporting the libmpfr and making new
> > ARAnyM packages for 10.04 when the 12.04 is to be released in a month.
>
> Indeed, next month we'll all be forced into the new GUI generation...

Actually we won't be forced into that. First, the 10.04 LTS is supported
till April next year so people can stay on it for another year. That's
why I was wondering whether to backport the libmpfr or not.

And second, we have several possibilities of not getting United :-)
There's the Classic mode of Gnome Shell that is basically good old Gnome
2 (just rewritten to use newer libraries), then the new Gnome Shell with
some particular extensions can be used almost like a normal desktop
(Linus and other reported) and at last but not least, the
http://cinnamon.linuxmint.com/ is maturing quickly!

Petr