Re: linux-2.6_2.6.38-5_m68k.changes ACCEPTED

Hi,

another thing – can we have CONFIG_DEVTMPFS_MOUNT=y on m68k?
While udev works, it doesn’t work pleasurably and delays booting
by several minutes on the fastest VMs, which end up having a load
of >20 when one can finally log in, and except for a symlink in
/dev/fd things work without it; waldi said that, normally, the
initramfs is supposed to mount devtmpfs, but as m68k doesn’t have
one (and klibc doesn’t work on it yet, although I’ve made some
progress with that too, but even then I’m not certain whether
all bootloaders used support initrd) I was wondering if we can’t
enable this in the kernel.

At the moment, precisely half of my VMs boot without udev and
with devtmpfs.mount=1 on the kernel command line.

bye,
//mirabilos
--
22:20⎜<asarch> The crazy that persists in his craziness becomes a master
22:21⎜<asarch> And the distance between the craziness and geniality is